The American Hebrew Academy is seeking qualified candidates for the full time position of Admissions Associate. The Admissions Associate position is ideal for a recent college graduate. He/She will represent the Academy on campus as well as in Jewish communities throughout the United States. Through recruiting trips, the associate will identify future Academy students in each community visited and will facilitate the process to bring the students and their families to campus and through the application process. As part of the Admissions team, the associate will assist in the development of promotional materials and social media, and will coordinate trips, mailings and follow-up to prospective students.
Position within the Organization
This is a full time twelve month position reporting to the Director of Admissions. The Admissions Associate will report on all tasks related to advertising, social media, developing promotional materials, mailings and trip planning, inquiry follow-up, tours and any admissions programs held on campus.
- National travel to various Jewish communities to give presentations to potential students and parents
- Promoting Honor Society program and identifying potential nominees
- Reaching out to the leadership of congregations and other Jewish organizations in communities to introduce them to the Academy, and to build a relationship with them so that they will be our emissaries in their community
- Promoting the Academy at summer camps as assigned
- Coordinating follow up process to communities visited including acknowledgment letters, phone calls to contacts.
- Conducting tours of campus for prospective students and other guests
- Updating SchoolAdmin database to ensure accuracy of contacts
- Taking photos at various programming events throughout the year
- Assisting in the development and production of recruitment materials such as letters, pamphlets, documents and postcards
- Updating Academy social networking sites on a day to day basis
- Attend weekly Admissions Staff meeting
- Prospective Student Weekend Events (4-6 events/year including local/regional recruitment activities)
- Member of planning team
- Will serve as residential staff member in house with prospective students
- On duty throughout weekend
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational, writing, presentation and communication skills
- Coachable and team oriented
- Tech savvy
- Preferred Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience with Jewish teens
- Proficiency in social media
- Presentation skills
- Ability to speak multiple languages
Salary and Benefits
An annual salary (compensation dependent upon experience,) including travel expenses; health insurance, life Insurance, long-term disability, pension plan, 12 sick/personal days, 10 days vacation after completion of full year.
STATEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Discrimination based on an individual’s sex (including gender or pregnancy), race, color, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or other legally protected status is strictly prohibited at the American Hebrew Academy.
The above position statement is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply please contact:
Current Employment Opportunities
- Academy Fellowship Program
- Reform-Liberal-Egalitarian Rabbi and Educator
- Dean of Students
- Director of College & Career Counseling
- Student Life Operations Manager
- Director of Student Health Services
- Admissions Associate
Direct resumes and
American Hebrew Academy
4334 Hobbs Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
Fax: (336) 217-7011
The American Hebrew Academy offers a competitive salary and benefits.
The American Hebrew Academy is an equal opportunity employer.